Sustainable Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) Vision 2030
The global cyber threat continues to evolve at a rapid pace, with a rising number of data breaches each year. All recent reports by Research Organizations reveal shocking billions of data records being exposed by data breaches. The Banking sector, medical services, retailers, and public entities experienced the most breaches, with malicious criminals responsible for most incidents. Some of these sectors are more appealing to cybercriminals because they collect financial and medical data, but all businesses that use networks can be targeted for customer data, corporate espionage, or customer attacks.
In the Fast-Emerging Digitalization encompassing every occupation, we need to keep updated on the dynamic and evolving threats from cybercrime. Our law enforcement departments need a focused assessment of emerging challenges and key developments in the area of cybercrime based on feedback from all stakeholders including private sector organizations.
Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) is a movement by PISA Pakistan (supported by Security Experts (Pvt) Ltd.)
The Pakistan Information Security Association (PISA) is a not-for-profit international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
The primary goal of the PISA is to promote management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources. The PISA facilitates interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems security and for the professionals involved. Members include practitioners at all levels of the security field in a broad range of industries such as communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial, and government.
PISA is dedicated to providing the following services to the information security community
- Promote the education and expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of information systems security and information data processing;
- Encourage a free exchange of information security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- Provide communication to keep members abreast of current events in information processing and security, providing benefits to them and their employers;
- Communicate to management and to systems and information processing professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the secure organization and utilization of information processing resources.
The Security Experts Private Limited (SEPL) is having accumulated a wealth of more than 14 years of experience, specialized in Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics, Risk Assessment, Governance, Compliance, and Information Security. Our clients consist of government, LEAs, financial, hospitality, educational, and telecom organizations.
SEPL’s objective is to assist the clients in identifying the potential risk areas, support them in implementing cost-effective solutions and facilitate to achieve e their business objectives. SEPL’s global presence, capabilities, and strategic alliance partnership with key service providers allow offering customized and competitive services to businesses, irrespective of their size.
With the rapid developments in the cyberspace domain, Pakistan has emerged as one of the fastest growing digital economies in the world. Pakistan’s internet penetration and tele density are increasing exponentially, resulting in greater global connectivity. However, this connectivity has become a tool and target of conflict, crime, and crisis, which varies with respect to nature, occurrence, and power. Pakistan is exposed to multidimensional cyber threats like computer malware, identity theft, economic data theft, cyber fraud, and espionage attempts on critical infrastructures. However, the state institutions are ineffective to formulate a comprehensive national cybersecurity framework to counter these threats.
Additionally, there is generally a lack of awareness among the masses regarding the protection of their data from illegal access, and this sometimes results in them in becoming victims of abuse, like identity theft, which forms another kind of cybersecurity threat. Moreover, the other challenges related to cybersecurity include incorrect media framing of cybersecurity, which mostly frames the debate in a generic perspective resulting in the creation of a half-baked concept of cybersecurity among the masses. In addition, there is a lack of institutional structure to tackle this challenge along with a wide range of security debates concerning external threats often neglecting cybersecurity issues being faced by the country.
Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) is a movement by PISA Pakistan (supported by Security Experts (Pvt) Ltd.) to secure Pakistan on cyber fronts for smooth functioning of our society and economy. It's an open dialogue building platform to bridge gaps between The State, Civil Society, Policy Makers, Enablers, Gurus and Geeks. There will be tech‐talks, focused panel discussions and many networking opportunities for everyone with the related stakes and interests in Cybersecurity. This year we are coming up with 8th Edition of Cyber Secure Pakistan and our theme for this Edition is “Sustainable Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) Vision 2030”. The theme is in context of extremely dynamic and volatile cyber environment and the requirement of state readiness in its response vis‐a‐vis UN’s agenda of sustainable development goals i.e. SDG 17: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. Currently China, North America, Central Asian states and OIC countries are all aiming for sustainable, economically balanced societies based upon SDGs, which inversely depends upon secure and smooth internet. Hence Cyber Secure Pakistan is in line with global agenda and need of the hour.
Salient Features of Conference
- One Day Conference Cyber Secure Pakistan with theme the of “Sustainable Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) Vision 2030”.
- Opening and Closing Ceremonies (To be attended by Senior Executives from Public and Private Sector Organizations)
- Key Note Talks and Panel Discussions on Most Demanded Topics by Foreign & Local Members of Law enforcement, Academia, Corporate Sector & Industry Experts on latest trends in Cyber Security.
Agenda of the Conference
One Full Day Conference Agenda (Summary of Sessions) is as under. The detailed and final agenda items with time slots and list of speakers would be issued by August 10, 2022.
- Opening Session
- Session‐1: Emerging Technologies: Cyber Security in the Era of Emerging Technologies, e.g. AI, IoT, Block Chain, etc.
- Session‐2: CERTs: Role of CERTs for Cyber Secure Pakistan with focus on collaborative functionalities of national CERT, Sectorial CERTs, and Organizational CERT with specific reference to information sharing.
- Session‐3: Removing the Bottleneck for IT projects and services exports due to cybersecurity and data privacy regulations. Regulations and implementation of relevant laws by relevant stakeholders.
- Session‐4: Securing the future generation of Pakistan from the bad effects of internet outreach. Role of Parents, Teachers, Media and civil society in cyber parenting.
- Closing Session
- Emerging Technologies
- Role of CERTs for Cyber Secure Pakistan
- Cyber Security for Good Governance
- Impact of internet on future generation
Expected Outcomes and Goals
Sustainable Cyber Secure Pakistan (CSP) Vision 2030 aims to deliver state of the art latest knowledge on cyber security with the aim to engage all the relevant stakeholders (Private/Public) in the area of emerging trends, challenges, solutions, and global fast practices to achieve sustainable cyber security in Pakistan. Expected outcomes of the conference and takeaways are under:
- Required networking and exchange of knowledge between relevant stakeholders
- Having presence of industry leaders of cyber security in international markets
- The participant would achieve cutting edge latest knowledge which is time tested for cyber secure of country.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship are interlink.
- The conference aims to engage university students for preparing and delivering Final Year Projects (FYP) so that along with degree they get hands-on exposure/certificate in demand driven national/international markets.
- Due to the fact, this conference being arranging in premium institutions in Islamabad (like NUST) which is already engage in multiple discipline domains of knowledge which would be income past during this conference for a fusion, which would definitely supporting decision makers of cyber security to plan the future of Cyber Security.
Target Participants and Stakeholders
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Media Personals
- Lawyers and Judges
- Social Activists
- Civil Servants
- Political Administration
- Telecom Sector
- Financial Organizations
- Education Sector
- Cyber Security Communities
Events Dates and Venue
Date: August 24, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM
Jinnah Auditorium, NUST University Islamabad